A collection of documents, mostly photographs, of Buchanans house, formerly Orchard Close from the 1980s and 1990s.
Orchard Close had been built in 1929 by W.L. Sargant as a private residence along the cricket fields when he retired. Later, in July 1975 the Trustees acquired the house from the school doctor, Dr T.D. Brentnall. In early October 1975, Orchard Close had become a girls’ boarding house. The house was later modernised to accommodate Sixth and Seventh Form girls. It was renamed Buchanans House in Summer 1977, following the retirement of Headmaster J.D. Buchanan. Work was completed on Buchanans house in 1982. The extension was ready for occupation in January 1983 and was officially opened on 23 February by former Headmaster John Buchanan.