Showing 103 results

Archival description
Rodney Boucher Smith
Print preview View:

Chapmans (Junior House)

  • HOU-HOU/7
  • Series
  • 1911 - 2010
  • Part of Houses

This series focuses on the Junior House/Chapmans pupils and staff since its opening in 1910. It first comprised the Junior Department with facilities for boys boarders and classrooms. The house was renamed Chapmans in September 1960, after Frank Emerson Chapman, first Housemaster of the Junior House; it became a Senior House. Most of the series is made of photographs, house photographs as well as more informal photographs.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

House Photographs

  • HOU-HOU/7-HOU/7/1
  • Sub-Series
  • 1911 - 1981
  • Part of Houses

This sub-series focuses on photographs of boys, living in Junior House/Chapmans since its inception. The bulk of the collection gathers photographs from the 1950s to 1980s.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Ephemera

  • HOU-HOU/7-HOU/7/2
  • Sub-Series
  • 1920 - 1985
  • Part of Houses

This sub-series contains various items related to Junior House/Chapmans. The bulk of the sub-series is informal photographs of everyday life in the boarding house in the 1950s/1960s.

Photo-Reportage Ltd

Curriculum

  • CUR
  • Subfonds
  • 1926 - 2020

This collection highlights the depth and breadth of the school's curriculum and pupil's work. The drama and music sub-series are particularly detailed with their collection of production stills and programmes.

CUR/7 contains reports relating to the school's teaching and curriculum alongside timetables for lessons and exams, and comprehensive examination results for GCSE, A Level and IB.

Throughout the series in this collection, there is material relating to events and trips undertaken by various departments to increase the extra-curricular activities of pupils.

Oakham School

Reports

This series relates to various annual reports presented to the Trustees, including Headmaster's reports, Registrar's reports and Second Master's reports. The series spans over three Headmasters, John Buchanan, Richard Bull and Graham Smallbone.

John Buchanan

College House

  • HOU-HOU/1
  • Series
  • 1960 - 1971
  • Part of Houses

This series relates to College House, the pupils who lived there and the history of the building.
College House was built c.1320 and used to be a priest’s house for clergy sent to the town by Westminster Abbey. Oakham School bought College House from the Church in 1736. It served as the school’s Sanatorium until 1965, when College House was then converted into a boarding house for a dozen potential Oxbridge candidates.
In 1971, College House became the first girls’ boarding house. In 1982, it was converted to be used as a Seventh Form Study Centre.
Since 2007 College House has been converted into offices. The Foundation and Marketing moved in and the Senior Deputy Heads use the wing as their private residence. The Barber Rooms, housing the School Archives, opened in 2010 on the first floor and the Old Oakhamian Club is now on the ground floor.

Oakham School

Junior Entry Boys, 1970-1978

  • AB-AB/5-AB/5/9
  • Item
  • 1970-02 - 1978-11
  • Part of Anna Bentley

A brown notebook recording the performance of candidates who took the entrance examination between 1970 and 1978.

Oakham School

Junior Entry, Girls, Vol. 1, 1972-1976

  • AB-AB/5-AB/5/10
  • Item
  • 1972-02 - 1976-03
  • Part of Anna Bentley

A red notebook recording the performance of candidates who took the entrance examination between 1972 and 1976. This item is the first record of girls sitting the entrance examination at Oakham School.

Oakham School

Clive Coombes

This sub-file contains photographs of Clive Coombes in the C.C.F. in the 1970s.

N/D

Results 1 to 10 of 103