Showing 89 results

Archival description
Oakham School Buildings
Print preview View:

College House - Formerly the Priests' House

A detailed description of the walls, roof, windows and floors of College House and mention of any damage to the structure, by R.E.M. Thomas in February 1998 and an addendum from May 1998. Four pages A to D.

R.E.M. Thomas

College House - Formerly the Priests' House

A detailed description of the walls, roof, windows and floors of College House and mention of any damage to the structure, by R.E.M. Thomas, School Marshal, in February 1998. Three pages A to C.

R.E.M. Thomas

Chronology of School Campus

  • HEA-HEA/7-HEA/7/3-HEA/7/3/3
  • Item
  • 1929 - 1938
  • Part of Headmasters

A list of improvements to the School premises in the 1930s, compiled by Headmaster G. Talbot Griffith for Old Oakhamians. Enclosed are photographs of buildings. Five pages A to E.

Grosvenor Talbot Griffith

Chapel Close and Main Entrance

This sub-series focuses on Chapel Close, including the Reception building and the School's main entrance through Market Place and the Buttercross.

Oakham School

Buildings and Estates

  • BES
  • Subfonds
  • 1802 - 2020

A collection which focuses on the history of the school campus and buildings. There is an excellent photographic record of the school campus including the development of both houses and teaching buildings.

The collection contains architectural plans for buildings and press releases/ photographs of the opening of new additions to the school campus.

This sub-fonds contains general policy documents more relevant to the estates and IT daily functions.

The three series divide this sub-fonds amongst buildings, campus services, and IT.

Oakham School

Barraclough Dining Hall

A collection of photographs and art work of the Barraclough Dining Hall. It was opened on 28 September 1987 by Lord Forte. It contained two dining halls on the ground floor and a staff dining hall, bar and common room above. It was named Barraclough Hall, in memory of Norman Barraclough (OO, 1883) and his widow, Mrs Barraclough, a great benefactor to the school.

Roger Blackmore

An invitation

  • BES-BES/1-BES/1/13-BES/1/13/2-BES/1/13/2/2-BES/1/13/2/2/1
  • Item
  • 04/07/1983
  • Part of Buildings and Estates

An invitation for the opening of the Wharton Pavilion.

Oakham School

An invitation

An invitation from the Oakham School Foundation to the opening of the Jerwood School of Design on 25 April 2009.

Melanie Russell

A programme of the opening

A programme for the opening of the Faculty of Social Sciences on 9 September 2017, with a welcome note from the Headmaster Nigel Lashbrook and the schedule for the day.

Oakham School

Results 51 to 60 of 89