Mostrando 641 resultados

Descripción archivística
Chapel Inglés británico
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

School Songs

  • CHA-CHA/1-CHA/1/2-CHA/1/2/3
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1856
  • Parte deChapel

A book with the golden school crest on the cover compiling a selection from songs of Uppingham School composed and arranged by the Music-Masters of Uppingham School, with lyrics and music scores. The name 'Biggs' is hand-written on the first page.

Uppingham School

Holy Bible

  • CHA-CHA/1-CHA/1/2-CHA/1/2/17
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1890
  • Parte deChapel

A Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, owned by the Wigg family, with record of births and deaths in the family.

The British And Foreign Bible Society

Post cards

  • CHA-CHA/2-CHA/2/2-CHA/2/2/1
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • 28/07/1924
  • Parte deChapel

This sub-file contains post cards related to the building and dedication of the War Memorial Chapel. Three post cards show the service of the laying of the foundation stone on Speech Day 1924. Four post cards show the dedication service on 29 October 1925. All post cards were published by Heawood & Son.

Heawood & Son

Speech Day, 1924

  • CHA-CHA/2-CHA/2/2-CHA/2/2/1-CHA/2/2/1/3
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 28/07/1924
  • Parte deChapel

A blank post card showing the boys and staff gathered around the foundation stone on Speech Day in 1924, published by Heawood & Son, Melton Mowbray and Oakham.

Heawood & Son

Speech Day, 1924

  • CHA-CHA/2-CHA/2/2-CHA/2/2/1-CHA/2/2/1/1
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 28/07/1924
  • Parte deChapel

A blank post card showing a procession leaving All Saints' Church on Speech Day in 1924, published by Heawood & Son, Melton Mowbray and Oakham.

Heawood & Son

The laying of the Foundation Stone, 1924

  • CHA-CHA/2-CHA/2/2-CHA/2/2/1-CHA/2/2/1/2
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 28/07/1924
  • Parte deChapel

A blank post card showing the Dr Theodore Woods, Bishop of Winchester, laying the foundation stone on Speech Day, in 1924. The post card was published by Heawood & Son, Melton Mowbray and Oakham.

Heawood & Son

Exterior of the Chapel

  • CHA-CHA/2-CHA/2/1-CHA/2/1/17
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1925
  • Parte deChapel

A photograph of the south front of the Chapel soon after its completion. In the background, scaffolds and builders are visible outside the Sanatorium (College House). The photograph is kept in a protective paper jacket.

Heawood & Son

Dedication, 1925

  • CHA-CHA/4-CHA/4/1
  • Sub-Series
  • 29/10/1925
  • Parte deChapel

This sub-series focuses on the Dedication of the War Memorial Chapel on 29 October 1925.

Oakham School

Dedication of the War Memorial Chapel

  • CHA-CHA/4-CHA/4/1-CHA/4/1/1
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 29/10/1925
  • Parte deChapel

A re-print/ facsimile of an Oakhamian Magazine supplement. Includes photographs of the new Chapel, the order of service for the dedication on 29 October 1925, a report on the ceremony and a brief history of the building.

Oakham School

Oakham School Honours Its War Heroes

  • CHA-CHA/4-CHA/4/1-CHA/4/1/4
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 31/10/1925
  • Parte deChapel

A newspaper cutting from 'The Grantham Journal' regarding the dedication service of the War memorial Chapel.

The Grantham Journal

Resultados 1 a 10 de 641