Showing 89 results

Archival description
Oakham School Buildings
Print preview View:

Rushebrookes

A collection of documents, mostly photographs, of Rushebrookes, the third purpose-built boarding house for girls, adjacent to Buchanans house, on the land purchased in 1977. The new house was named after the school’s first headmaster, Robert Rushebrooke. The first girls moved in over Spring half-term 1980 but the opening ceremony only took place later that year, on 22 November.

L.R. Shipsides

Photographs

This file focusses on photographs of Rushebrookes house since its construction in 1980.

L.R. Shipsides

School Campus

A collection of photographs and art work relating to the whole School Campus, in particular aerial photographs from 1937 of the School and the town, and a file of individual photographs of buildings around the campus. The oldest items in this sub-series date back to the 19th century.

Aerofilms Ltd

A photograph of the reopening of Choir Close

A photograph of the reopening of Choir Close in Church Passage by former inhabitants and their wives: Rev Terence Treanor, Liz Darrall, Mary Treanor, Rev John Darrall, Brian Welford and Roger Blackmore. The photograph was published in the 'Old Oakhamian Magazine', Spring 2002, no.19.

Oakham School

Oakham 1977

A poster of photographs of the school in 1977. Including Lincoln house, the Science block, the badminton courts in the Sports Hall, a girls' dorm, the Ashburton Dining hall and the indoors swimming pool.

Oakham School

A photograph album

A photo album containing several photographs of the School buildings, including the interior of the Old School, the School House quad, a Physical Laboratory, The School House, School House dining hall and new changing rooms, Doncaster Close, the Gymnasium (now Queen Anne).

Charles Matkin

Results 41 to 50 of 89