Showing 2 results

Archival description
Oakham School Rod Smith Administration
Print preview View:

Chapmans (Junior House)

  • HOU-HOU/7
  • Series
  • 1911 - 2010
  • Part of Houses

This series focuses on the Junior House/Chapmans pupils and staff since its opening in 1910. It first comprised the Junior Department with facilities for boys boarders and classrooms. The house was renamed Chapmans in September 1960, after Frank Emerson Chapman, first Housemaster of the Junior House; it became a Senior House. Most of the series is made of photographs, house photographs as well as more informal photographs.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls


  • HOU-HOU/20
  • Series
  • 1988 - 2019
  • Part of Houses

This series relates to Junior Boarding girls of Lincoln House. The house was built in 1974, as part of the new Jerwoods Campus for the Lower School. Most of the collection is made of the House photographs, as well as informal photograph of the girls in house events and sports competition, and programmes of some house events.

Oakham School