Showing 10 results

Archival description
Oakham School Oakham School File
Print preview View:

Photographs

This file contains various photographs of Old School throughout the years.

Oakham School

Photographs

  • HOU-HOU/16-HOU/16/3-HOU/16/3/1
  • File
  • 1997 - 2000
  • Part of Houses

Oakham School

Ephemera

  • HEA-HEA/2-HEA/2/3
  • File
  • 1858 - 1875
  • Part of Headmasters

Oakham School

The Barraclough Hall

A collection of photographs of the Barraclough Hall since its construction in 1946. Once a warehouse at the terminus of the Canal on Ashwell Road, later converted into stables, the Barraclough Hall was named in honour of Mrs Barraclough, benefactor to the school, and in memory of her late husband, Norman Barraclough (OO, 1883). At the west end was the stage and the theatre would seat about three hundred and fifty people. Other features included a traditional long hall, raked stage and Proscenium Arch. The opening ceremony took place on 20 June 1953.

Photo-Reportage Ltd