Showing 5 results

Archival description
Tony Little
Print preview View:

Buchanans (Orchard Close)

  • HOU-HOU/9
  • Series
  • 1977 - 2011
  • Part of Houses

This series focuses on the boarding girls in Orchard Close (built in 1929), later Buchanans House. It became a girls' boarding house in early October 1975 and Michael Stevens was its first Housemaster. It was renamed Buchanans House in Summer 1977, following the retirement of Headmaster J.D. Buchanan. Work was completed on Buchanans house in 1982 and the extension was ready for occupation in January 1983. The house was first a Seventh Form house and transitioned to a Middle School house in the 1980s.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Invitation to the Rededication of the Chapel

  • CHA-CHA/4-CHA/4/3-CHA/4/3/6
  • Item
  • 30/09/2007
  • Part of Chapel

An invitation from the Headmaster and Chairman of Trustees to a service of rededication of the School Chapel and to the opening of 'Littles' on 30 September 2007.

Oakham School

Ephemera

  • HOU-HOU/9-HOU/9/2
  • Sub-Series
  • 1970s - 2011
  • Part of Houses

This sub-file contains various photographs of the girls in their boarding house, as well as various items recording the every day life and events in Buchanans House.

Oakham School

Ephemera

  • HOU-HOU/10-HOU/10/2
  • Sub-Series
  • 1960 - 1998
  • Part of Houses

This sub-series is made of various informal photographs of the boys in Deanscroft, especially in the 1960s. It also contains items related to the 50 years Anniversary celebration of Deanscroft & Haywoods House, including a tie designed for the special occasion.

Oakham School

Outreach

This series is related to outreach events organised outside lesson timetable, promoting activities at school, supporting the local community and attending events with/for other schools. This series places Oakham School at the centre of the local community.

Oakham School