Showing 36 results

Archival description
Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls Roger Blackmore
Print preview View:

Deanscroft, 1975

  • HOU-HOU/10-HOU/10/1-HOU/10/1/32
  • Item
  • 1975
  • Part of Houses

A photograph of the boys in Deanscroft in the academic year 1974-1975, under the Housemaster Roger Blackmore.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Cricket pavilions

A collection of documents, including photographs and commemorative plaques, relating to the School's cricket pavilions on Doncaster Close since the 19th century.

L.R. Shipsides

Buchanans, 1981

  • HOU-HOU/9-HOU/9/1-HOU/9/1/1
  • Item
  • 1981
  • Part of Houses

Three photographs of the girls in Buchanans in the academic year 1980-1981, under the Housemaster Roger Blackmore. The photograph A is in colour and has a number of print written on the back: S165/2. The photograph B is in black and white and is slightly different; a number of print is written on the back: S165/3. The photograph C is in colour and has a number of print on the back: S165/1.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Buchanans, 1980

  • HOU-HOU/9-HOU/9/1-HOU/9/1/3
  • Item
  • 1980
  • Part of Houses

Two photographs of the girls in Buchanans in the academic year 1979-1980, under the Housemaster Roger Blackmore. The photograph A is in colour and the number of print is written on the back: R164/5. The photograph B is in black and white and slightly different; the number of print is written on the back: R164/2.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Buchanans (Orchard Close)

  • HOU-HOU/9
  • Series
  • 1977 - 2011
  • Part of Houses

This series focuses on the boarding girls in Orchard Close (built in 1929), later Buchanans House. It became a girls' boarding house in early October 1975 and Michael Stevens was its first Housemaster. It was renamed Buchanans House in Summer 1977, following the retirement of Headmaster J.D. Buchanan. Work was completed on Buchanans house in 1982 and the extension was ready for occupation in January 1983. The house was first a Seventh Form house and transitioned to a Middle School house in the 1980s.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

A photograph of the opening ceremony

  • BES-BES/1-BES/1/13-BES/1/13/2-BES/1/13/2/1-BES/1/13/2/1/6
  • Item
  • 04/07/1983
  • Part of Buildings and Estates

A photograph of the guests at the opening of the new Wharton pavilion on 4 July 1983. The photograph was taken by Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls Photography and the number of print is written on the back: V353/12.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Roger Blackmore

  • STF-STF/9-STF/9/2-STF/9/2/9
  • Sub-File
  • 1983 - 1996
  • Part of Staff

This sub-file contains various photographs of Roger Blackmore, Teacher and later School Registrar.

Oakham School

Deanscroft

  • HOU-HOU/10
  • Series
  • 1948 - 2017
  • Part of Houses

This series focuses on the boarding boys in Deanscroft, since its opening in 1948. The Headmaster himself was Housemaster, until 1971. Deanscroft boarding house was closed on Speech Day 1989, prior to its conversion into Stevens, a boarding house for girls. The boarding boys were moved to the newly built Haywoods House on Kilburn Road. The items include the complete set of house photographs and informal photographs showing boys around the house and on campus, as well as duty records.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Ephemera

  • HOU-HOU/9-HOU/9/2
  • Sub-Series
  • 1970s - 2011
  • Part of Houses

This sub-file contains various photographs of the girls in their boarding house, as well as various items recording the every day life and events in Buchanans House.

Oakham School

Results 21 to 30 of 36