Showing 88 results

Archival description
Oakham School Oakham School Sub-Series English
Print preview View:

Science

A collection of documents relating to the various Science buildings and laboratories on campus throughout the years. It includes the Sargant Laboratories and further refurbishments, the Biology block and the Mehra Faculty of Science. The bulk of the sub-series is made of architectural plans and designs.

Oakham School

Schanschieffs

A collection of documents, mostly photographs, relating to the Schanschieffs site.
In 1994, the School purchased the Catmose Vale site, behind Rushebrookes house. The original buildings were built in 1836-1837 by William J. Donthorn. They used to be the town’s workhouse, which later became the Catmose Vale Hospital. On the site was built a car park, two Day boys’ houses and the original buildings were converted into two Day girls’ houses. The four houses were officially opened on 17 September 1997 and were named after Rutland villages: Gunthorpe and Hambleton (Day girls), and Barrow and Clipsham (Day boys). The site was named after O.O. Simon Schanschieff ('57), Chairman of the Trustees.

N/D

Sanatorium and Medical Centre

A collection of photographs and art work of College House, formerly the Old Vicarage, which was the Sanatorium before becoming the first girls' boarding house in 1971. Also contains a large file on the architecture and history of the building.

Brian and Elizabeth Nicholls

Rushebrookes

A collection of documents, mostly photographs, of Rushebrookes, the third purpose-built boarding house for girls, adjacent to Buchanans house, on the land purchased in 1977. The new house was named after the school’s first headmaster, Robert Rushebrooke. The first girls moved in over Spring half-term 1980 but the opening ceremony only took place later that year, on 22 November.

L.R. Shipsides

Roll Call

  • HOU-HOU/14-HOU/14/2
  • Sub-Series
  • 1992 - 1994
  • Part of Houses

This sub-series contains house roll calls records for Talbots.

Oakham School

Research

Research material on some soldiers and their family, most notably the Neilson brothers and the Sills family.

Commonwealth War Graves Commission

Rememberance

  • CHA-CHA/1-CHA/1/9
  • Sub-Series
  • 2006 - 2022
  • Part of Chapel

This sub-series relates to Remembrance services held in the Chapel or other churches in Oakham.

Oakham School

Registers

  • CHA-CHA/1-CHA/1/1
  • Sub-Series
  • 1925 - 2014
  • Part of Chapel

This sub-series related to the weekly services at the School Chapel since it being built in 1925. The registers record confirmation and baptism services as well as Carol services, evensong, matins and holy communion services.

Oakham School

Rededication 2007

  • CHA-CHA/4-CHA/4/3
  • Sub-Series
  • 2007
  • Part of Chapel

This sub-series focuses on the rededication of the War Memorial Chapel in 2007. The refurbishment of the Chapel was largely due to the generosity of O.O. Brian A.F. Smith ('54). The service coincided with the opening of Littles house, an extension of Roun House, the Seventh Form girls' house.

Oakham School

Recreation

  • STF-STF/6
  • Sub-Series
  • 2005 - 2020
  • Part of Staff

This series focusses on recreational events for staff by the Common Room and by Oakham School Enterprise Ltd, such as Christmas Parties, Burns Night and swimming pool sessions, from 2005.

Oakham School

Results 11 to 20 of 88